We're a social networking and marketing website for South Africans at home and abroad
Enough about us - let's talk about you
In this section
About our new developments
About our company profile
About our products and services
About our online community
About our audience
About our future
Our Latest Stats
Are you a South African living abroad or thinking of moving?
Are you looking for information, entertainment, business and social contacts, advice and moral support?
Are you looking for a job, staff, suppliers, or service providers?
Are you interested in general information relevant to South Africans overseas?
Does your business provide products and services of interest to South Africans where you live and around the world?
Then you need to be HERE. Log in and lets LINK South Africa!
There's so much to do on our site!
2013 promises to be a busy busy year! We've got heaps of new website developments that we're busily creating and designing as you read this!
- that we've moved to .com, we're now officially international, www.linksouthafrica.com, looking good! Our information, products and services are now for South Africans at home and abroad
- the random directory adverts that display automatically down the sides of all directory and article pages. This gives people inside our directories even more exposure!
- links to our Facebook page at the bottom of all our webpages
- the New ShopLink, which gives you the power to sell anything you want to anyone anywhere, by allowing you to publish, edit and manage your own product listings, whether you're a famous South African artist selling music, a massive manufacturer selling goods, a tanie at home selling koeksisters, or just an ordinary koos selling your old bakkie!
- You can now include three images per item you're selling inside the New ShopLink, which means customers can get a good look at what they're buying
My business Info for me My Groups My Trading My Jobs My Friends
Our Company Profile
Download our latest Google Analytics - LinkSouthAfrica Google Analytics January 2013.pdf
Welcome to an exciting new LINK for South Africans - there's so much to do on our site!
From beautiful South Africa to the world, it’s all here at your fingertips. Link South Africa is an online hub for South Africans at home and abroad. It’s a home away from home, a lively community network and quite simply a cool place to be. A place to be supported, educated, entertained and more . . . This is THE site for exciting news, views, info, connections en 'n bietjie skinner!
We want to get to know all South Africans living around the world! To be your link to each other, and to your roots back home.
We're a social networking community website primarily for South Africans, but welcoming any visitors, contributors and advertisers who want to reach South Africans. We're a continuously evolving website, exploring new online attractions and activities. Our simple business rule is that if an advert placed on our website is not for the personal gain of the advertiser or anybody else, then we will publish the advertisement for FREE.
Stats for January 2013
1,609 visits per month
1024 website subscribers
750 directory listings
3,321 facebook friends
Our Products and Services
Link South Africa has a vast range of products and services to cater to our diverse audience. All aspects of our service are highly professional and we have high standards for the content and design of our site.
As well as basic advertising spots, there is also premium advertising space available on our website, ideally suited to larger corporations. We have great banner advertising space on our site, plus searchable directories, which you can change and update as many times as you like for FREE. You can include info, images, geographic locations, contact details and lots more!
is a business directory, where you can market your products and services to South Africans anywhere
is a directory, where you can advertise your local social events, sports groups, gigs, performances, networking groups, church groups - even coffee groups for moms and babies!
is a directory, where you can advertise job vacancies or your own CV
is a directory, where you can buy, sell, rent, or simply give something away - whether you're a big manufacturer or an individual selling something second hand. ShopLink is for everyone.
Be part of our online community
Online subscription to Link South Africa is FREE. Email alerts and newsletters are regularly sent out to subscribers to highlight news, community events, or website developments.
is where you can find news articles, plus step-by-step help articles like passport renewals, dual citizenship, and birth registrations
is where you can see who else we're friends with! Register on PeopleLink for FREE and make new connections or renew old ones
We're often running different competitions on our site with all sorts of prizes to be won. You could win a prize for simply listing in one of our directories! The best way to keep an eye on current competitions is to subscribe to our newsletter.
Letters from you
Send us stories of your experiences moving to and living in other countries, with any tips, tricks and encouragement for other South Africans going through the same thing. There are loads of prizes to be won for the best letters sent in. Letters are published once every month, so you can send your story in anytime!
Have your say about articles on our site. Ask each other questions and make comments. Nice ones :-)
Likely Visitors & Subscribers
- South Africans at home and abroad looking for information, entertainment, business and social contacts, jobs, advice, and moral support
- Businesses looking for staff, suppliers and services providers may be found in the South African communities
- Anybody interested in general information relevant to South Africa and it's people
Selling flights to South Africa? Got special call rates to South Africa? Advertise here!
- South African-owned businesses around the world promoting their products and services
- Other businesses looking to reach South Africans expatriate groups
- South African-based businesses looking for markets in other countries
- South African professionals promoting themselves as points of contact in businesses in other countries
- Community, sports and social groups promoting themselves to their local South African community
- Businesses looking for staff
- People looking for jobs
- People looking to sell, buy, or give away anything
Our target market for advertisers is unique. Unlike other directory and media websites, we focus directly on the South African community. Information and news is specifically relevant to this market and also to foreigners who may consider South Africa as an import or export market, or travel destination.
At Link South Africa, we believe in collaboration. We're a marketing vehicle for South African groups all over the world. We would like to help them expand and increase their visibility by providing an alternative marketing hub designed and custom-built in order to deliver great results to our advertisers and an uplifting experience for our readers.
We want to be YOUR link to the South African community!
Our advertising rates will always be set on a value-for-money basis and our advertising process is easy. We will work closely with our advertisers to continually evolve the Link South Africa website into their preferred marketing hub for reaching South Africans everywhere.
We will continuously enhance our website, exploring new online attractions and activities for visitors, and seek suggestions from the community of what they would like to see and do on Link South Africa.
We are committed to frequent, energetic and professional marketing campaigns to introduce our company to South Africans around the world. Examples of how we will achieve visibility are:
- Marketing of the Link South Africa brand
- Selling and distributing promotional apparel and materials
- Competitions with prize incentives
- Customer and visitor referral incentives
- Loyalty programmes
We will only produce and publish content on the Link South Africa website which is truthful, positive and tolerant. Link South Africa will be an uplifting site which will have benefits for both South Africans and others intersted in all things South African.
Benefits to South Africa
- Useful information, trustworthy advice
- Encouraging the retention of South African citizenship by South Africans currently living abroad
- Encouraging the purchase of South African products
- Encouraging travel to South Africa
- Educating and informing South African expatriates of South African laws and requirements relevant to their circumstances in other countries
- Encourage South Africans to be proud of who they are
Benefit to YOU
It's a great way to establish your personal links to South Africans living where you are!
Our Latest Stats
What are the referral sites?
• 998 people have come to our site through Google,
• 528 have come direct by typing in www.linksouthafrica.com,
• 203 have come through Facebook,
• 79 through Twitter,
• 42 through LinkedIn,
• 32 through the Clay Target Shooting Association of South Africa (lol yeah go figure),
• 20 through Yahoo,
• 18 through Bing,
• 17 through Google.co.nz
What are the biggest visitor countries?
• 744 people from South Africa,
• 503 people from New Zealand,
• 278 people from the UK,
• 125 people from Australia,
• 118 people from the States,
• 25 people from the Netherlands,
• 20 people from Canada,
• 18 people from the UAE,
• 17 people from Italy
What are the biggest visitor cities?
• 368 people from Auckland NZ,
• 260 people from Cape Town SA,
• 141 people from Joburg SA,
• 92 people from Durban SA,
• 66 people from London UK,
• 58 people from Sandton SA,
• 53 people from Brisbane AU,
• 44 people from Pretoria SA,
• 27 people from Sydney AU
What random keywords have people searched for and been lead to our site?
• 40 people searched for www.linksouthafrica.com
• 17 people searched for ‘renewing south African passport in the UK’
• 16 people searched for ‘link south africa’
• 14 people searched for ‘joblink’
• 10 people searched for ‘paddy monro’ (WHAT? Who’s that??)
• 10 people searched for ‘renew south African passport in new zealand’
• 8 people searched for ‘peppermint crisp tart recipe south africa’
• 7 people searched for ‘linksouthafrica.com’
• 7 people searched for ‘south African birth certificate’
What are our top 10 pages?
• 1,207 people have viewed our homepage
• 340 people have viewed our BusinessLink homepage
• 270 people have viewed our Registration page
• 237 people have viewed our InfoLink homepage
• 161 people have viewed their personal My Business Listings page (once logged in they have gone to their own business listing pages for editing etc)
• 157 people have viewed the Add Business Listing page (once logged they have gone to this page to create a business listing)
• 131 people have viewed the Renew Passport from New Zealand page
• 120 people have viewed the About Us page
• 102 people have viewed their personal My Details page after logging in
• 95 people have viewed the ShopLink homepage